80% of the amount, 14 days before check-in date
1. Reservations cancelled thirty (30) days or more prior to the date of arrival will not incur a cancellation fee. There will be a refund of the down payment with a deduction of the service fee in the amount of 3% of the full reservation, within a commercially reasonable time, but no more than 30 days.
2. Reservations cancelled twenty-nine (29) to twenty-two (22) days prior to the date of arrival will incur a 30% charge.
3. Reservations cancelled twenty-one (21) to fifteen (15) days prior to the the date of arrival will incur a 40% charge.
4. Reservations cancelled fourteen (14) to eight (8) days prior to the date of arrival will incur a 80% charge.
5. Reservations cancelled seven (7) to zero (0) days prior to the date of arrival will incur a 100% charge.
6. In case we aren't able to process the payment 14 (fourteen) days prior to the date of arrival, or immediately during the booking process when booking is made less than 14 days prior to arrival, the reservation will automatically be cancelled and the down payment will be retained.
7. Failure to arrive at your accommodation or service venue/destination (no show) will be treated as a late cancellation and will incur a full charge of 100% of the reservation cost.
For all other questions please review our Cancellation policy on the Terms and Conditions page.
Arrival in Sveti Martin na Muri by own transportation. Check-in and settle in at Hotel Spa Golfer, which is surrounded by lush vegetation and unspoiled nature. After taking a short break at the hotel, we recommend that you go out for a walk and enjoy the nature in Međimurje. You'll be delighted with the picturesque hills, fresh air, and an overwhelming sense of tranquillity. You can also unwind at the hotel's wellness centre in the beautiful "The Temple of Life" swimming pool complex where you can enjoy the benefits of the mineral-rich thermal water. Dinner at the hotel with a wide variety of traditional and international specialities. Overnight stay.
You can choose from an array of healthy local dishes and foods for breakfast, which will be followed by a visit to the Međimurje wine route, one of the most recognisable symbols of Međimurje. This wine route is the cream of the crop of the oenological offer in Croatia due to the superior quality of the wine and service provided, which is why it should come as no surprise that it was named the best tourism product of Continental Croatia in 2007. The guide will greet you outside of the hotel and then we will head to the village of Sv. Urban where we will be visiting one of the oldest wine houses and cellars on the Međimurje wine route. You'll get to look around the 300-year-old wine cellar, where the Zrinski noble family used to store its wine, see the ethnographic collection and learn more about the history of wine growing and winemaking and enjoy the tour of the estate. After tasting 8 different wine varieties, everyone will receive a bottle of wine chosen by the host as a gift. After saying goodbye to our host we will visit another beautiful winery where the friendly hosts will give you a tour of the wine house and cellar. You'll get to enjoy the tastes of four different varieties of their premium wine. The wine tasting will be followed by an abundant traditional 4-course Međimurje lunch at a restaurant that is quite renowned in Međimurje - now that's true hedonism. Return to the hotel at approximately 16:30. We suggest that you take a stroll amidst the stunning nature of Međimurje. Dinner and overnight stay.
Breakfast. The driver will meet you outside the hotel and then you can embark on another fairytale adventure in Međimurje, which will satisfy your inner hedonist and sharpen all your senses. Our first stop is a famous wine house where you will be tasting 4 different wine varieties, homemade apple juice, as well as delicious and healthy apple chips. In the village of Črečan a creative and fascinating hostess will greet you at her family farm, which is named "Medeni Vrt" (Honey Garden). You'll get to taste various types of honey and enjoy "Medeni Vrt" and its surroundings. Next, we will visit the top notch state-of-the-art oil refinery where you can taste several kinds of "Črno" (Black) pumpkin seed oil as well as chocolate treats made from pumpkin seeds. We will also be visiting Dragutin Senčar's amazing biodynamic garden in the village of Lopatinec. In this special place you can supply yourself with vegetables, which were grown by following the principles of biodynamics and the ideas of Rudolf Steiner, which will also be integrated in our culinary workshop. Our fun and educational culinary workshop, during which you will make a healthy and traditional Međimurje lunch ("obed"), will take place at a well-known local restaurant and will be led by a moderator. You will learn how the make "pretepena juha" (cream soup), "tenfana piletina s trgancima" (chicken with noodles) as well as the desserts "međimurska trepa" or "zlevanjka" just like the locals, accompanied with salad grown in the biodynamic garden. After returning to the hotel around 16:30, you will have spare time to do whatever you please. We suggest that you unwind by taking advantage of the fitness and wellness amenities of your hotel. Dinner at the hotel and overnight stay.
Breakfast. Hotel check-out. If you still have some spare time left, we recommend that you visit an interesting and educational excursion site - the watermill on the bank of the Mura River near the village of Žabnik, which is the northernmost point of the Republic of Croatia. People have been milling grain on the banks of the rivers Mura and Drava ever since the 18th century. The mill on the Mura River is the only watermill in Croatia and has a mechanism that dates back to 1902. Walk the "Miller's Educational Trail" and find out a lot of interesting facts about the nature and traditional heritage of the Međimurje region. Make sure to try some more specialities at one of the local restaurants because, as you are perfectly aware, the best way to get to know and fall in love with a certain place is to taste its food and wine!
We trust that this trip has allowed you to discover all the secrets of the famous Međimurje cuisine and provided you with oenological experiences, which are an integral part of tourism in Međimurje. We hope that the hitherto untasted flavours of local cuisine gave you immense hedonistic and gastronomic pleasure and that you were seduced by the premium local wines beckoning you to come back to them as soon as possible...
- three overnight stays in a standard double room at the 4-star Hotel Spa Golfer in the Lifeclass Terme Sveti Martin resort
- tourist tax
- rich self-service breakfast buffet with a wide variety of healthy local dishes and foods, unlimited drinks with breakfast (coffee, juice, tea)
- 3 x dinners with a wide variety of traditional and international specialities
- Unlimited use of swimming pools at the "The Temple of Life" swimming pool complex
- Unlimited use of the fitness centre
- Daily water aerobics
- Wi-Fi at the 4-star Hotel Spa Golfer
- eventful entertainment programme for all ages
- 2 children under the age of 12 FREE** (one child on extra bed if available, the other in bed with parents)
- two full-day excursions to the Međimurje wine route (guided tours in English, other languages available on request)
- transfers during excursion: hotel - excursion as per itinerary-hotel
- wine tasting at three different tasting rooms as per itinerary
- tour of one of the oldest wine houses with a cellar and ethnographic collection and a tour of an estate on the Međimurje wine route
- visit to the Medeni Vrt estate and tasting of several types of honey
- visit to the oil refinery and tasting of several kinds of pumpkin seed oils and chocolate treats made from pumpkin seeds
- visit and tour of the biodynamic garden and a short presentation on biodynamic agriculture
- food from the biodynamic garden for the culinary workshop
- culinary workshop at the Etno Art Chef creative kitchen and lunch
- 4-course lunch at a local restaurant with a glass of wine
The price does not include
- personal expenses
Registrations for more than two persons travelling together are available on request. Please contact us at: email@example.com
Good to Know
- Međimurje wine route - wine grapes were planted on the hills of Međimurje as early as the Roman era. The offer of the Međimurje wine route comprises 30 well- maintained wine cellars and tasting rooms. There you can try and buy exquisite white wines (the autochthonous "Pušipel", Sauvignon, Chardonnay, "Traminac", "Moscato Giallo", "Graševina", "Rheinriesling", "White and Grey Pinot", "Green Sylvaner") as well as a few red and rose wines. The assortment of wine ranges from excellent homemade coupage and varietal wines to premium predicates - selected harvests or ice wines. Restaurants offering traditional specialities, viewpoints, bike trails and walkways all make up an integral part of the wine route. There are numerous wine festivals held on the wine route throughout the year: January - "Vincekovo" (Feast of St. Vincent), May - "Urbanovo" (Feast of St. Urban), September - "Rokovo" (Feast of St. Rocco), November - "Martinje" (Feast of St. Martin)
- "Međimurska Gibanica" - a traditional cake from Međimurje made from thin strudel crust with 4 different fillings: walnut, poppy, cheese and apples with sour cream, raisins, sour cherries, blueberries
- Biodynamic agriculture is a form of alternative agriculture based on the ideas of the Austrian philosopher, scientist, and writer Rudolf Steiner, who was born in Međimurje, Croatia. Biodynamics is more advanced than ecoagriculture because biodynamicists sow, replant, and pick the grapes by strictly adhering to a calendar that follows the sidereal year and the orbit of the Moon. This form of agriculture requires the use of natural preparations made for the specific purpose of increasing soil fertility as well as microbiological activity.
- The village of Sveti Martin na Muri has gained renown for its large quantities of mineral-rich thermal water, which was discovered in 1911 when the English-Hungarian company London Budapest was looking for oil, but found thermal water instead.
- Golf is definitely a standout among the sports and recreational activities offered by the resort. The golf courses in Sveti Martin are distinguished by the heated greens, heating under the practice shed, and night-time illumination, which allows playing throughout the year (as one of only 5 such golf courses in Europe). Weather permitting, you can also play "indoor golf" on 36 world-class courses with the aid of a state-of-the-art computer simulator, which is located inside the golf house.
How to arrive:
By car: Zagreb - Sveti Martin na Muri 122 km, Ljubljana - Sveti Martin na Muri 188 km, Rijeka - Sveti Martin na Muri 281 km